I love long weekends!!! (who doesn't)... Tomorrow is a non-working holiday and I used one of my few remaining vacation leaves so I can have a 4-day vacation. This time I will be in Negros Oriental and the beautiful island province of Siquijor. I'm saving the best for last so this will be my last trip for the year. Never been to Dumaguete City and Siquijor so I have no pictures yet to show you here in this post.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Low-cost carrier Cebu Pacific rolled-of today its year-end sale to its domestic destinations through its much awaited seasonal PISO FARE promotion. The airline is offering 1 peso one-way fares for travel from January 1 to March 12, 2008. More than 100,000 seats are up for grabs. Logically, the promo fare doesn't include fuel surcharge and government taxes. For example, a one-way fare to Cebu will cost you less than 1,400 pesos, while a one-way fare to Davao costs you around 1,600 pesos.
So hurry and buy your tickets fast as the year end PISO FARE will only run from November 28 to December 2, 2007 or until seats are sold out.
The easiest way to book your PISO FARE flight is through the airline's web site www.cebupacificair.com
Monday, November 26, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
- Before embarking on a once in a lifetime adventure in a place or country that you don't know where to find in a globe, always try to research and take time to know the local culture by blending in with the locals. It pays most of the time to be observant with your new and unusual surroundings and take a cue from that on what to do next. You have to experience how locals live, what they eat and what are their interests.
- When you think your research didn't made fruitful answers it is always fine to talk to local residents as they obviously know their own culture and city. A guidebook might tell you that the shop around the corner is the best place where to dine or shop but many locals have different opinions so take consideration their inputs.
- Many of us are guilty of this... as much as possible avoid rushing from one tourist attraction to another in an Amazing Race attempt to see it all. In the first place it is uneconomical so in my opinion it is better to savor and enjoy to the fullest just one or a few sites that to visit all what the guidebook says just to cross them in your "To Visit" list.
- Always be unconventional by trying new things. One way to do that is to eat bizarre foods and trying local wine or drinks. When choosing where to stay avoid those international brand chains, better yet try in the local hotels, hostels or bed-and-breakfast.
- Undoubtedly, it is fun (but not always recommended) to make a fool of yourself while enjoying your brief stay in a place or a country. Anyways, those people who are witness to your "acts" will not likely be there when you got home.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Friday, November 9, 2007
I thank Philippine Airlines and Mabuhay Miles for coming up with the Great Miles Getaway promo. I will be visiting again the very beautiful province of Palawan for the weekend. I exchanged my 5,000 reward miles for a free roundtrip ticket in Mabuhay (Business) class. Without the promo you need 10,000 reward miles for the roundtrip ticket. I only paid for the fuel surcharge and government taxes amounting to 2,324 pesos.
Am I blessed or just lucky because I will be staying with my friend who is a resident of Puerto Princesa. No need to fetch me at the airport as her house is just less than 1 km. from the airport. The last time I'm in Palawan my friend even lend her car and toured me and my sister around.
The fun of free stuffs didn't stopped there. She told me that she will prepare a picnic basket and we will go to one of the islands in Honda Bay for the day.
Photograph taken from the Philippine Department of Tourism website.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Now is the BEST time to redeem your Philippine Airlines miles.
Mabuhay Miles, the frequent flyer program of Philippine Airlines (PAL), have lowered the redemption values by 50% to selected PAL domestic and international destinations through its Great Miles Giveaway program. A one-way economy class award ticket to Cebu would now only be 2,000 reward miles away. You only need 7,500 reward miles for a roundtrip vacation in Hong Kong.
Travel should commence not earlier than November 6, 2007 and should be completed by December 10, 2007.
Thanks for this promo I will be going to Puerto Princesa, Palawan for only 5,000 reward miles for a Business Class award ticket. I paid 2,324 pesos only for the fuel surcharge and government tax of my roundtrip airfare.
For more information and miles redemption call the 24-hour PAL Reservation Hotline at 855-8888 or 855-7888 (for Mabuhay Class).