Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A journey of a thousand miles (or kilometers)....

My traveling experiences are not that much yet as what I dreamed of. But I'm hoping that I can soon expand my horizons.

I have been to many provinces around Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. My favorite place here in the Philippines is Camiguin (I'll tell you why in my next posts). I had the chance to go out the country just this January 2005 and up to date I have been to 10 countries and territories here in Asia.

Through my travels I began to appreciate big and trivial things. I have learned that there is no such thing as a bad place/country. By going to another country you will know that travel advisories are always wrong. It all depends on how you look at things in a certain perspective. Even towns which are unheard of and are deemed unattractive to tourists still hast its own little gem. I also began appreciating various culture and traditions that people practice as it is important to be sensitive to other people's heritage by respecting their traditions and culture.

I hope I will have a great time blogging!

No comments: