One can bear in mind these very easy tips to follow for a worry free travel even when circumstances are not on your side. The following are according to one travel blogger:
- When it rains: play games, visit museums and galleries, take an umbrella and go out anyway
- When the tourists are swarming: get out earlier, laugh it off, make friends, or get off the beaten track
- When the hawkers are in your face selling t-shirts: politely but firmly decline (unless you want one) and move on
- When the coveted cafe or nook has clearly been bulldozed for a shopping complex: shrug and seek out some other local haunts
- When the place just doesn’t look like the postcards/guidebook promised: lighten up. Try and ‘discover’ things rather than visiting all the usual suspects
- When you get sick: Don’t push through it; give in, look after yourself and cross your fingers it’s a 24-hour thing.
- You get robbed: Report it to the police, keep safe, try and keep going. Don’t let it be your only holiday memory.
photograph taken from www.airliners.net