Friday, September 14, 2007

My Davao Impromptu Trip

My sister, me and Blogie Robillo at a his friend's bar in Davao


Me and my sister visited the city of Davao a week ago and we would like to extend our appreciation to Mr. Blogie Robillo of Mindanao Bloggers and his friends for their hospitality. We talked everything about blogging, blogging personalities and the upcoming 1st Mindanao Bloggers Summit in Davao City. This trip is so memorable like our first visit exactly a year ago. Aside from the usual great sites that Davao has to offer, everyone is so helpful and accommodating, from the bellboy at the Marco Polo Hotel up to the barbecue vendor at Recto Street. I may not be physically present on October 27 for the summit because I’ll be in Iloilo for the November 1 long weekend but I will definitely be back in Davao in the near future.

I usually plan my trips at least a month in advance but this trip is different, we planned everything with my sister over the phone in less than an hour. I only got to purchase the plane tickets less than 36 hours before our intended departure. And for our hotel, I had to call the reservation agent in Davao directly. I'm thankful that at present is the lean season for domestic travel so the plane is not that full and the hotel occupancy rate is not that high.

Thank God I still have the travel brochures which I got last year...

5 comments:

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

You could have visited Davao during the Kadayawan Festival :)
I'll also be going home to Iloilo on Sept. 27 to Oct. 2 :D

Anonymous said...

How's the trip ?
I normally wait for Air Asia, Malaysia domestic flight to have a promotion only planning for my trip..

kegler747 said...

@ dodong: oo nga sayang, pero actually wala sa plano namen na pumunta ng davao. Parang biglaan lang lahat ng pangyayari

@ keeyit: Air Asia is always having a sale so you will be spoiled for choices. Hope you could visit the Philippines soon :)

J@n!ce said...

Its nice to know that you have a good trip :)

You have a very friendly look :)

Thanks for sharing your picture.

Janice Ng

kegler747 said...

@ janice: thanks for the compliment... I am really friendly :)