Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Boracay... Extra! Extra! Read all about it!


The Philippines' #1 travel destination for beachcombers was cited by Yahoo! Travel (http://travel.yahoo.com/beaches) as one of the best beaches on earth. According to the website it is one of the places ideal to build sandcastles, take a romantic sunset stroll or perfect one's tan.

I've been to Boracay 6x since 1996 and I still love it. Nothing can beat my first time in Boracay 11 years ago as it is still a quiet, charming and unadulterated island north of Panay. Its charm is different now, as capitalism takes it toll. Many tourists said that Boracay is overrated as the prime destination for foreign visitors, nevertheless, its beauty and its very fine white sand is still there so if you love those why not visit it. There are so much FUN activities during the day and also at night... actually, its like a 711 of activities as one will never get bored finding one.

According to the locals, the best time to go there is during the months of September and October as they call it "Little Summer" less the crowd during the school holidays. Room rates during those times are a fraction of the peak season rates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post... lets continue promoting our beautiful and beloved Philippines... I would like to invite you to contribute as well in our travel blog @ http://www.lakbaypilipinas.com/blog/

Emmyrose said...

Even though they say that Boracay is already overrated it is still my most favorite beach and I prefer going there during October (my birthday) I already spent two birthdays there and hopefully I can do it again this year.

I love to travel and your blog really is informative. Thanks for the visit :)